Recipe | Strawberries!

10:34


For 22 years I thought I hated strawberries. 
Turns out I love them - in every form, basically. In the last couple of weeks I have been eating strawberries almost every day. In today's post I thought I share some strawberry recipes that I've been enjoying making.

Just a quick note before I start: I like to sort my strawberries out the day we get them, otherwise they get all squashed and furry in the bag. The ones that are ok go into a little container in the fridge, the others get chopped up and go into the freezer.

Porridge with strawberries


This is not just a normal porridge - it's a pink porridge! I kind of came off porridge in the last couple of months but this one got me hooked on it again. I loved eating it with my coconut butter (RIP coconut butter), but it's equally great topped with greek yogurt. 

What you'll need:
  • 1 portion porridge oats
  • 1 and 1/2 portion milk
  • 1 portion water
  • cinnamon, to taste
  • chopped strawberries (frozen or fresh, whatever you have)
  • sweetener of choice
Put all ingredients into a bowl, cook it on low heat until it boils. Don't forget to stir frequently. :)

Strawberry-banana ice-cream OR milkshake

Probably two of the easiest desserts to make and you'll only need a food processor to make these. Both contain no added sugar and you can costumize them to your heart's desire.

What you'll need:
  • frozen (ripe) banana
  • frozen strawberries
  • cinnamon (optional)
  • some kind of milk (banana is great with coconut milk)
Get your frozen fruits out of the freezer 5-10 minutes prior to making any of these things - they will be easier on your food processor. 
For the ice-cream, blend the fruits together (start with no milk). If they just don't want to get together and look like little ice-cubes add a spoonful of milk and blend away. 
For the milkshake, process your frozen fruits first and make sure there are no big frozen lumps left. Then add milk and blend for a minute or until smooth.

Strawberry-cottage cheese cream

What you'll need:
  • strawberries (frozen or fresh)
  • cottage cheese
  • greek yogurt (optional)
  • sweetener of choice
Process your strawberries first, then add as much cottage cheese as you like (I like to keep the portions equal), add your sweetener and greek yogurt - if you want the texture to be a bit lighter. If you are not using greek yogurt, you will get a spread that is great for cakes. Blend everything together until smooth. Eat with a spoon straight out of the processor's dish.


These are the fuss-free ways I like to have my daily portion of strawberries, a sentence I would never have thought I'd utter. Lately, I've been experimenting with making strawberry jam (for 22 years, I hated jams) with chia seeds, maybe you'll see an update very soon. :)

You Might Also Like

0 megjegyzés

Üzemeltető: Blogger.